Subscribers demand reliable and consistent quality of experience (QoE) from their network service provider but increasing demand for bandwidth, driven by OTT video and cloud services, is creating more congestion events on the network every day.
The solution to unprecedented growth is to manage network congestion proactively and reactively using network traffic policies based on time of day, network utilization levels, and subscriber type.
Incognito Network Monetization and Analytics Platform offers an integrated policy management system that enforces network traffic management policies using native mechanisms such as PCMM. Incognito Congestion Management solutions are enabled by:
- MAP CORE collecting IPDR data from the network
- Policy Manager enforcing network traffic management policies
- Seamless policy enforcement using PCMM on the CMTS
- Automated rule application recognizing OEM differences
- GUI based development of profiling and policies
- Control of upstream and downstream for tiered services
CONGESTION EVENT MANAGEMENT
Identify congested segments on the network and apply network traffic management policies to better match network supply to demand.
PEAK PERIOD MANAGEMENT
Use tiered services to distribute capacity more effectively during heavy usage periods of the day to deliver a predictable experience to subscribers.