Broadband usage has been exploding, driven by OTT video and cloud services adoption. Service providers are faced with ever escalating network costs that far outpace the rate of revenue growth.
The solution to unprecedented usage growth is to apply network traffic management policies based on service tiers and active quota management to heavy users.
- Incognito Network Monetization and Analytics Platform offers an integrated policy management system that enforces network traffic management policies using native mechanisms such as PCMM. Incognito Fair Share Unlimited solutions are enabled by:
- MAP CORE collecting IPDR data from the network
- Subscriber Meter mediating the device data
- Quota Manager defining usage and utilization thresholds
- Policy Manager enforcing network traffic management policies
- Seamless policy enforcement using PCMM on the CMTS
- Automated rule application based on sliding window quotas
- GUI based development of profiling and policies
- Control of upstream and downstream for tiered services
HEAVY USER MANAGEMENT
Identify heavy users who are creating congestion issues for other users and apply network traffic management policies such as throttling to maintain sufficient capacity.
Manage heavy usage by enforcing monthly usage caps with speed throttles. Offer quota top-ups to reestablish provisioned speeds to better align revenues and network costs.